Family Affair Planning Process
We are thrilled you have chosen Family Affair wedding and event planning for your wedding in Key West. It is our goal to make your planning and your day as stress free as possible!
Our next steps to planning your wedding – I like to systematically go step by step with our clients – if you follow along you will find that your planning along with our assistance will be stress-free and seamless.
Immediately after hire your planner:
- Select your ceremony and reception venues;
- Create a draft timeline;
As soon as possible:
- Hire the first tier vendors (musicians, DJ, officiant, photographer and videographer);
- Gather information guest will want, including lodging.
180 days in advance:
- Hire your second tier vendors (cake, hair and makeup, florist, equipment…);
- Start design & decor options.
60 days in advance:
- Finalize your decor an equipment needs;
- Prepare seating chart and food options if you choosing plated meal;
Finalize any welcome party or rehearsal dinner.
30 days in advance:
- Final conference call with your planner and final guest count is determined any changes needed for Decor equipment Floral our revised.
7 days in advance:
- Make any changes to guest count.
Standard Process for Wedding Invitations and Save the Dates
Save the Date
As soon as your venues are confirmed, this allows for guests to save vacation days needed and money to visit Key West. Some of your guests will need more time than others, so sooner is always better.
Because you have chosen a destination wedding, guests will know 2-3 months out if they will be taking time off work, traveling, and confirming lodging. Also keep in mind we will want all final details at 45 days so we can put final touches on design, seating chart, food choices (if plated), equipment needs. This will allow us to complete our final details and send to venue and vendors 30 days prior to your event. Formal invitations can be sent 3 months out with a RSVP date of 4-6 weeks.
- Please note that over the past 2 years of wedding planning the comment most from my couples is that guests are not returning the response card to events and that wedding websites are not being utilized as much as our couples had hoped.Be sure to visit – RSVPify.com (this is a virtual Save the Date and Formal Invitations which can also provide matching printed format), this is a great format for destination weddings as you can gain details on where guests are staying, when they arrive, what food choice, you can place them at a table and create a seating chart , you can set up a gift sections for those attending or those unable to attend, if they will attend a Welcome Party, or any other event within your celebration , etc.